Words + Awards | London residential architecture
- January 2018 | WINNER IN THE BUSINESS EXCELLENCE AWARDS | Most Outstanding Residential Architecture Firm – UK | CORPORATE INSIDER
- December 2017 | WINNER IN THE GLOBAL EXCELLENCE AWARDS | Most Outstanding Residential Architects 2017 – Southern England | AI GLOBAL MEDIA
- August 2017 | WINNER IN THE GLOBAL EXCELLENCE AWARDS | Best Residential Architecture 2017 – London | WORLDWIDE BUSINESS REVIEW
- June 2017 | WINNER IN THE ARCHITECTURE AWARDS | Best Residential Extension Project: Brockley – Lewisham | BUILD – NEWS
- June 2017 | WINNER IN THE ARCHITECTURE AWARDS | Best Residential Architecture Firm – London | BUILD – NEWS
- June 2017 | SHORTLISTED IN THE ARCHITECTURE AWARDS | Most Outstanding Contemporary Residential Refurbishments UK | CORPORATE LIVEWIRE
- May 2017 | WINNER IN THE UK BUSINESS AWARDS | Most Outstanding Residential Architecture Firm – London | AI GLOBAL MEDIA
- May 2017 | WINNER IN UK BUSINESS GROWTH AWARDS | Best for Residential Architecture Firm – London | BUSINESS GROWTH
- March 2017 | WINNER IN BUSINESS EXCELLENCE AWARDS | Excellence in Residential Architecture UK | CORPORATE INSIDER
- January 2017 | WINNER IN INNOVATION & EXCELLENCE AWARDS | Innovation and Excellence in Residential Architecture London | CORPORATE LIVEWIRE
- December 2016 | WINNER IN THE AI GLOBAL EXCELLENCE AWARDS | Most Outstanding Residential Architecture Firm – London | AI GLOBAL MEDIA
- October 2016 | WINNER IN THE ARCHITECTURE AWARDS | Best Residential Architecture Firm – London | BUILD – NEWS
- June 2016 | WINNER IN ARCHITECTURE AWARDS 2016 | Most Outstanding Contemporary Residential Refurbishments UK | CORPORATE LIVEWIRE
- February 2016 | WINNER IN INNOVATION & EXCELLENCE AWARDS | Innovation and Excellence in Residential Architecture London | CORPORATE LIVEWIRE
- October 2015 | WINNER IN THE 2015 ARCHITECTURE AWARDS | Best for Contemporary Residential Refurbishments | BUILD – NEWS
- October 2015 | Interview to Build Magazine | October 2015 | Read more…
- September 2015 | Interview for Sally Howard’s article | The Sunday Times | “Life below stairs” | Read more…
- June 2015 | Putney, Wandsworth SW6 – Kitchen house extension featured in “London living reinvented” | Alissa Ugolini in Homify
“We loved working with GOAStudio. George was a pleasure to work with – he was hugely professional, and struck absolutely the right balance between taking on board our ideas, and pushing us to think about new options and solutions. He made sure his approach was proportionate to the scale and nature of our project – and most importantly, he was great fun to have around. We were delighted with the service we received – and couldn’t be happier with our finished kitchen extension.”
— Helen and Jo | Nunhead, Lewisham SE15
“We love the contrasting elements George incorporated into the design of our small extension, such as the pitched vs flat roof, the high vs low ceilings, and the dark vs light areas. His design is also extremely practical – from the layout of the kitchen to the utility area – and demonstrates that George has thought about how we might go about living in the space on a day to day basis, and not just how it might look on project completion.
George’s advice has also been helpful throughout our project and we appreciated in particular his breadth of knowledge on all matters related to our extension project. He appreciated constraints in terms of building size, requirements and budget, and suggested various practical options for us to consider. In the end we now have a truly unique design for our project. He was also very approachable and friendly, and incorporated many of the suggestions we made, so we felt as if we were part of the design team.”
— P.C. and M.T. | Finchley Central, Barnet N3
“We appointed GOAStudio in mid 2015 to design an extension and loft conversion for our detached bungalow, with our objective being to have a light filled open-plan living space that would make the most of our large south-facing garden.
Of the architects we shortlisted, we choose GOAStudio because we felt George understood our requirements best and came up with constructive ideas at our first meeting.
Although we may have been able to do our proposed works under permitted development, George recommended that we seek planning approval because of the contemporary nature of the design. He then managed the planning process with approval granted six weeks after initial submission.
Our works are scheduled to commence in 2017 and we can’t wait to see how the GOAStudio design translates through to a completed build that hopefully exceeds our expectations.”
— Annette H. and Darren S | Stoneleigh KT17
“If you are looking for an architect to manage the conversion of a legacy London house into something habitable/rentable/saleable, George is the architect that you need. He has well developed design skills that he translates into tasks that builders and suppliers understand, he is more than competent at dealing with planning authorities and responds well to client feedback. Hint: if you hire him, make sure that he is responsible for specifying the works to be done, and for ensuring that shortlisted builders/other suppliers meet the agreed criteria, and for making periodic site visits to ensure that everybody is delivering. Your chances of a project that is on time and on budget will be much improved. We did it. It worked. Top qualities: Great Results, High Integrity, Creative”
“We are really pleased with our end result. Using an architect was definitely worth it for the design ideas and knowledge of the building process. Special mention goes to George, who was great: friendly, reliable and very thorough – I have already recommended him to several friends.”
“Since this was a major project, the client’s had wisely decided to employ the services of an Architect. The project was put out to tender to 3 architects and further to discussions with each, a decision was made to appoint GOAStudio | London residential architechture, primarily on the basis of their reputation and also that the design vision they provided closely aligned to the client’s needs. This eased the process towards finding a solution to ensure the kitchen could be maintained and still provide the required additional living space.”
— “Builders of Integrity” | Brockley, Lewisham SE4
“I worked with George earlier this year to design a loft conversion and ground floor side return extension. The loft was completed a few weeks ago and the side return project is ongoing.
I would wholeheartedly recommend George. His approach is very collaborative rather than prescriptive, allowing the client to explore their own ideas using his experience and the practical parameters (structural issues, building regulations, etc). I found the process stress free and felt that we worked together on the design to reach a conclusion in an iterative manner rather than being presented with a series of static designs for me to like or not.
Once the work has started on-site, the builders have needed to make tweaks to the designs to accommodate specific issues that have been discovered after we started to knock down walls, etc. But nothing major and I think this is a normal part of the process.
Also, I needed planning permission for the side return extension and George fully handled this getting the outcome I wanted in good time.”
— Jon Simons | Arsenal, Islington N4
“Outstanding consultation, outstanding design, incredible attention to detail, proactive, personable and professional. George is an incredible designer. World class in every aspect, from inception to completion.”
— Andi Knowles | Hammersmith, Hammersmith and Fulham W6
We see ourselves as creative problem solvers who will deal with any construction, planning, and design issues relevant to your project.
Website | Blackledge & Sandall
Creative Director | Umi Ishimoto